Paleo Pumpkin Cake with Ginger Maple Frosting
Easy to make, nourishing and ridiculously delicious? Yes, oh YES you can. Not to mention it's paleo, free of refined sugar and gluten, and as mentioned: YUM > > and this is ALL that should really matter, let's be honest...
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons baking soda + 1 tbsp lemon juice [or 2tsp baking powder]
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut butter - can also sub for 1/2 cup coconut oil + 1/3 cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 slithers of lemon rind
- dash pink salt (Himalayan salt)
- 1 thumb fresh ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons hot water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8" by 8" pyrex baking dish with parchment paper.
Combine all of the ingredients for the cake batter in a large mixing bowl
Pour the cake batter into the baking dish and bake on 350 degrees for about 45 minutes until golden --- take out and allow to cool the heck down before frosting...
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor for about 1 minute until smooth.
- Gently frost the cake with the whipped maple frosting and then serve | lick the bowl... xo