Matcha Superfood Waffles
You had me at Matcha. If you, like me, are a little -- er, hooked(?) on this epic green high vibes food, step on over to the even greener side my friend, matcha lattes are soooo yesterday... Matcha waffles though, hello.
MATCHA SUPERFOOD WAFFLES
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or maple syrup / honey is YUM too)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 cups sprouted khorasan flour [switch for Teff or Buckwheat if GF]
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch himalayan salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 heaped tsp Matcha powder [crazy good benefits here]
- 2 eggs or 2 tbsp hemp seeds [optional: protein boost]
- Combine all wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add dry ingredients and whisk until nice and combined.
- Dip your finger (or spoon...) and taste-test the batter for sweetness and flavor. Add more sweetener if desired -- or MATCHA...
- Let it chill out for 5-10 minutes while your waffle maker preheats.
- Once the waffle iron is ready, generously coat with non-stick spray [or just grease it with a little coco oil!] and pour on about 1/2 cup of batter. Cook according to your waffle maker instructions (mine was a couple of minutes each) and then remove and place in the oven, making sure not to stack on top of each other as I did... Bake on about 200 to keep them warm - and CRISPY! ;-)
- Serve immediately with toppings of choice: I went with Chia Berry Jam [1 bag frozen organic berries + dash of water + 1 tbsp maple syrup/coco sugar + squeeze of lemon + dash of vanilla // BLEND in your blender until creamy + mix in 2tsp chia seeds, VIOLA] garnish with cacao nibs, coconut flakes, goji berries etc -- basically lots of superfoods.
Store in the freezer between eating...